Marketing a house in today’s market is more important than ever. I break my marketing into two categories– to other agents and to prospective buyers.
Marketing to other agents is important. I personally work with both buyers and sellers and nothing is more irritating than to pull up a listing and the only thing in the agent remarks is the showing instructions. There are so many listings to choose from when setting appointments for buyers, many agents will just skip over a listing like that. The MLS is an opportunity to sell our listings to other agents. I fill out my listings thoroughly including the remarks, all the features that apply (many lakefront listings don’t even show up in lakefront searches), up to 99 photos, and a virtual tour is attached. I reverse prospect to other agents every couple weeks and email new listings to several area agents.
Marketing to potential buyers is more time intensive. Again, the MLS comes into play. Many agents will set up prospective buyers on an automated search that updates daily. When I have a listing that matches another agent’s buyer I like my listings to show up in their buyer’s inbox with up to 99 photos, a virtual tour and a complete description. Most agents also allow their listings to aggregate to an IDX which is the consumer version of the MLS. If someone searches an IDX from someone else’s web site my listings show up complete.
Other ways I market to the public:
· You will be on Realtor.com
· You will be on my highly visited web site
· I will blog an ad for your house that will show up on page 1 or 2 of Google for select, relevant search terms (such as Lake Orion MI real estate). My blog ads usually stay on page one for a week or two
· You will be on my second web site– www.JackieHawley.com which also has good web placement, but more importantly is I get this site from a company called Homes.com. Homes.com itself has great placement for search terms such as Lake Orion MI Homes and Oxford MI Homes. Those links will take you to my listings as well as other Homes.com clients
· Your listing will be posted on Google for real estate searches, Yahoo Real Estate, Zillow, Trulia, and several other sites
· I post my listings on Craig’s List but not like the typical classified ad you normally see on Craig’s List. My web site company supplies the html code so my ads look like your page on my web site
· I keep a supply of color info box flyers on the sign in front of your house
ReMax Encore, Clarkston MI